10 Great Houston Restaurants with an Outdoor Patio
Spring is officially here today, and nothing says it more than the wonderful weather snap we recently experienced here in the Houston. Texans love spring because it’s the time of year when we can actually go outside and enjoy the fresh air without melting. And what better way to enjoy the sun and refreshing breezes than by enjoying a nice meal or tasty beverage outside on a local restaurant’s patio.
Here are our top 10 Houston restaurants that offer you great food and awesome outdoor patio spaces perfect for basking in the beautiful spring weather.
- Daily Review Café - While open for lunch and dinner, it’s the brunch that you don’t want to miss. This quaint restaurant offers a variety of contemporary menu options with a wonderful patio to boot. Whether you choose the southwestern Eggs Benedict or the lobster taco salad, your palate will be pleased.
- Backstreet Café – One of the most popular attractions of this restaurant, other than its food, is the infamous backyard. You can sit and enjoy the beautiful spring weather on the New Orleans-style patio. They have a list of specialty cocktails that are refreshing, and tasty and thanks to owner Tracy Vaught (owner of Prego and Hugo’s) and Chef Ortega, the food will not disappoint. It’s open for lunch and dinner, but nothing beats brunch on the patio on a beautiful spring day.
- Central Market – Whether you are in the mood for a made-to-order sandwich, salad, or something from the Grab & Go case, Central Market’s patio is the perfect place to eat lunch on a sunny spring day. Also, through the month of March, you can catch a live band every Saturday and Sunday from noon to 4:00 p.m.
- Becks Prime (at Memorial Park) – Here you can grab an excellent burger, chicken sandwich, or even a salad and then enjoy great weather with an even nicer view. Enjoy a great lunch in the Memorial Park golf course club house, overlooking the course.
Dinner & Drinks
- Taco Milagro – This is a great location with an even better patio. What better way to soak up some rays then with an outstanding margarita in your hand? To add more to your enjoyment, there is live music every Thursday, Friday and Saturday night from 9:00 p.m. to 1:00 a.m. In addition to the drinks, the food is tasty too. From Chef Robert Del Grande (Chef for Café Annie and RDG) and partners, this is a great patio for drinks and appetizers, lunch, or dinner.
- Cyclone Anaya’s (Midtown location) – This upscale “Fine Mex” restaurant offers delicious food (hello, lump crab meat nachos), tantalizing drinks, and a patio that is primed for excellent people-watching. Located in the heart of Midtown, Cyclone Anaya’s is perfect for after work drinks, a night on the town, or even a Sunday brunch.
- Little Bigs – This delicious burger joint and wine bar is made possible from the owners of REEF (another amazing Houston seafood restaurant), Bryan Caswell and Bill Floyd. Here you can enjoy amazing sliders (mad props for the beef and chicken sliders), made-to-order french fries, and a nice selection of inexpensive wines, beers, and yummy frozen treats. Not only do I think they’re amazing, but Bon Appètit agrees, ranking Little Bigs on their List of Top 10 Best New Burger Spots in the U.S.
- Ruggles Green (CityCenter location) – This restaurant is PERFECT for families with young kids. The key to success is nabbing a table outside on the “green.” Furthermore, Ruggles Green is not only a certified green restaurant, but the location in CityCenter actually sits on a wide green grassy area where kids love to run and play. Some nights you can even enjoy live music. So grab a glass of wine, choose a tasty appetizer (I love the baked brie!), or pick an entree from their all-natural menu and enjoy the weather!
- Brennan’s – The sister restaurant to the infamous Commander’s Palace in New Orleans, this Texas Creole restaurant will leave you wanting more. From the amazing Turtle Soup to the Gulf Fish Pontchartrain, this restaurant not only offers amazing food but amazing service as well. If a sit-down dinner is not what you are looking for, check out their new Courtyard Bar 7-7-7, with seven different appetizers, cocktails, and wines for $7 each from 2:00-7:00 p.m. Take in the beautiful courtyard and the weather with this sweet deal.
- The Grove – This is another beautifully executed restaurant by Chef Robert Del Grande and partners. It’s located on the south end of Discovery Green overlooking the park. Its American Rustic cuisine features seafood, steaks, sandwiches, decadent desserts, and more. Another great feature is the pretty view of Discovery Green from the second-story patio.
Feel free to leave your favorite Houston restaurants with great patio spaces in the comments!